Day Trip to Historic City of Ayutthaya (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
AYUTTHAYA: The Ayutthaya Kingdom, which existed from 1350 until 1767 was one of the largest and most prosperous empires of its time. The ruins of many impressive temples and palaces give an impression of the wealth of the ancient Kingdom. The Ayutthaya Historical Park comprises of the ruins of temples and palaces of the capital of the ancient Ayutthaya Kingdom. The park is located on an island surrounded by three rivers where the old capital used to be.
The remains of several settlements off the island built by foreign countries demonstrate the importance of Ayutthaya’s intensive trade with many foreign nations. As most of Ayutthaya’s records were destroyed when the city was looted and burned by the invading Burmese in 1767, much knowledge about Ayutthaya’s history was gained from the accounts and maps of foreigners. The Ayutthaya Historical Park was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1991.
Tour Itinerary 17 August 2019 – HISTORIC CITY OF AYUTTHAYA TOUR
Picking up from your hotel in Bangkok and head to Ayutthaya where located around 75 Kms north of Bangkok. Upon arrival visit to one of the most visited historical sites of
Ayutthaya, Wat Chaiwattanaram rests on the bank of the Chao Phraya river, to the west of the city island. The temple was ordered to build in 1630 by King Prasat Thong to honor his mother, featuring the architectural style influenced by Angkor temple in Cambodia— its unique feature is a large, central prang (Khmer-style pagoda) surrounded by smaller prangs, symbolizing Mount Sumeru, the gods’ mountain according to Hindu belief. The lighting at night makes the temple even more exotic and beautiful.
Image by brusselsshrek on Pixabay
Afterward, we continue to the city island to visit Wat Lokaya Sutha, “the temple of the Earth” is located near the North West tip of the historical island near the old Royal Palace and Wat Phra Si Sanphet. Highlight of the monastery is its 42-meter-long Reclining Buddha image, usually draped in orange cloth. Apart from the central prang which is in fairly good condition, little more than the base of the main buildings remains today.
Image by mailanmaik on Pixabay
Afterward, visit to Wat Phra Si Sanphet, “the temple of the Buddha Si Sanphet”; the most important temple in the Ayutthaya Kingdom. Being part of the Royal Palace complex, the very large monastery with dozens of structures was used by Ayutthaya Kings only; it was a Royal temple without resident monks. In its heydays mid-17th century the temple consisted of a raised platform supporting three very large gilded bell-shaped stupas and three gilded mondops, an enormous viharn enshrining a 16-meter-tall gilded Buddha image, as well as dozens of smaller chedis and chapels.
Not far from Wat Phra Si Sanphet at the east direction is the location of Wat Mahathat, “the temple of the Great Relic” one of the most important temples in the Ayutthaya Kingdom. Located on the historical island the large monastery features a huge central prang, a very large principal viharn and ubosot and a great number of subsidiary chedis and viharns. The upper part of its once massive central prang has collapsed. Today only the base remains. One of the temple’s most photographed objects is the head of a stone Buddha image entwined in the roots of a tree.
Image by WikiImages on Pixabay
Wat Mahathat was one of Ayutthaya’s most important temples. Its enshrined Buddha relics and was the seat of the Supreme Patriarch of Buddhism and thus the center of Buddhism in the Ayutthaya Kingdom. We cross Pa Sak River where encircle the east side of the city island of Ayutthaya for having lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch, visit to Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon, “the Monastery of Auspicious Victory” is located East of the historical island. Highlight of the monastery is its very large imposing prang dominating the area. Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon is still an active temple; monks live in kuti on the grounds. Afterwards, we return to Bangkok and will arrive at your hotel around 15:00hrs
***** END OF OUR SERVICES *****
The package prices as per the above itinerary calculated in a package basis and according to the services are as follows;
PRICE NET PER PERSON IN THB (MINIMUM 2 PERSON)
PRICE PER PERSON
One Day Historic City of Ayutthaya Tour
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICE ARE::
- Airconditioned transportation service as per the above itinerary
- Pick up/drop off service to/from designated hotel in Bangkok
- Licensed English-speaking tour guide throughout the itinerary
- Admission fees of visit as stated in the itinerary
- Drinking water and refreshment napkins during the tour
- Lunch during the tour
- Tourism accident insurance as per the current tourism act
- International airfare to/from Bangkok
- International airport tax
- Hotel’s accommodation in Bangkok
- High season surcharge and/or supplementary charge on compulsory meal during festive event, if any
- Visa fees
- Optional tours
- Other meals and/or services than mentioned in the above itinerary
- Expenditure of personal nature, personal tipping etc.,
- The details of the above itinerary and/or routing is based on the fact of current situation and might probably to alternate/adjust and/or change according to the situation of operating the tour
- The above price is inclusive current government tax. However, should the government revise and/or adjust Tax Structure Scheme of the Kingdom, we reserve our right to adjust and/or revise such change in due course.
- Where transfers are included, the cost is based on the assumption that all passengers will be transferred at the same time (i.e. one group transfer). Additional transfers will be at an additional cost. Please note that flight arrival and departure times can greatly alter your itinerary, which may result in a change in your quote.
- The above price and/or itinerary are quoted for your guideline only. The definite price and/or itinerary have to be reconfirmed when the programme is finalized and/or the reservations are made.
- All services as per the above itinerary are created and calculated on package basis. Hence, there would be no refund, reimburse, redeem, compensation for any unused services and/or unjustifiable early departure.
BOOKING & ENQUIRY:
Any enquiry or further information or wish to place the booking may channel directly to the section in charge via E Mail as follows;
Apisak Laorjit / Director of Product & Operation email@example.com
Benyapa Vongvorasin / Director of Sales & Marketing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed that during certain periods such as peak/high season, special events/festivals different cancellation conditions may apply. However, TQV Thai Quality Vacations shall inform these conditions at the time of definitive booking.
TQV Thai Quality Vacations shall always do its utmost to provide the Services to the best of its capacity and upon the satisfaction of the Client. It is the understanding of the Parties that TQV Thai Quality Vacations acts as an intermediary between the Client/Agent and airlines, hotels, transport operators, local tourist offices and other contractors providing the Services to the Client. TQV Thai Quality Vacations shall in no event be liable to the Client/Agent, by reason of breach of Services or unsatisfactory Services provided to the Client by third parties or by way of indemnity or in sort or otherwise, for any loss, injury, damage, delay, change in schedule or other adverse events which are beyond the control of TQV Thai Quality Vacations and/or sustained by an act or default of any/person or company providing the Services to the Client. The Client/Agent warrants that TQV Thai Quality Vacations shall not be responsible and/or liable for additional expenses and/or damages incurred due to any delay, accidents, natural disaster, political action or unrest.
The excursion will be operated by THAI QUALITY VACATIONS Co., Ltd. Fee is 2,000 THB/Person (Approx. 65 USD). Please make a reservation via email at email@example.com (Benyapa Vongvorasin). Download full details of the tour program here.